You have often asked Me, what will the signs be of My soon return. I will tell you now what you should watch for.
The signs of My Return shall be like the signs of My leaving. Look into My Word – what happened just before I rose again?
The Word of God was preached with great boldness, and signs and wonders did abound. The people were in great need, and sought out the Word. They brought their sick to be healed and their dead to be raised to Me. I did rebuke some for their deceptiveness as crowds gathered. (I saw He meant the Pharisees)
The gospel was preached and signs and wonders followed those that believed in a time of great change. Many were converted and great persecution arose. Many were stoned for believing in Me. Laws were passed against faith in Me.
Watch for these things and you will know the time is upon you. As My first coming was, (I saw He meant the conditions just before His crucifixion) so shall My second coming also be.
- 17 And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues;
- 18 They shall take up serpents; and if they drink any deadly thing, it shall not hurt them; they shall lay hands on the sick, and they shall recover.
- 19 So then after the Lord had spoken unto them, he was received up into heaven, and sat on the right hand of God.
- 20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.
- 13 But woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye shut up the kingdom of heaven against men: for ye neither go in yourselves, neither suffer ye them that are entering to go in.
- 14 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye devour widows’ houses, and for a pretence make long prayer: therefore ye shall receive the greater damnation.
- 15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
- 16 Woe unto you, ye blind guides, which say, Whosoever shall swear by the temple, it is nothing; but whosoever shall swear by the gold of the temple, he is a debtor!
- 17 Ye fools and blind: for whether is greater, the gold, or the temple that sanctifieth the gold?
- 38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.
- 39 And Jesus said, For judgment I am come into this world, that they which see not might see; and that they which see might be made blind.
- 40 And some of the Pharisees which were with him heard these words, and said unto him, Are we blind also?
- 41 Jesus said unto them, If ye were blind, ye should have no sin: but now ye say, We see; therefore your sin remaineth